Monday, August 16, 2010

Pinkberry

368 Santana Row #102 (middle section)
San Jose, California 95128
(408) 557-8883
website

Vitals:
Sun-Thurs: 11 am - 11 pm
Fri-Sat: 11 am - 12 am
kid-friendly
***

It's a bit chaotic ordering froyo here. There are generally only a few flavors at a time and the toppings are limited. I feel rushed to order because there is generally a long line after me, and whenever I want to try a flavor, I have to ask someone behind the counter to give me a sample, and then I feel guilty if I want to try several flavors. When I first tried the froyo at Pinkberry, I wasn't impressed - the froyo was just too tart and didn't have that much flavor, but I think that I've gotten used to it after a few tries. It's not my favorite place to get froyo (I prefer Red Mango and for certain flavors Tutti Fruitti), but if I'm at Santana Row and I want froyo after dinner/lunch, then it's off to Pinkberry I go.

My favorite flavor is watermelon and after that, the plain will do just fine (green tea is ok too). Before, they used to charge for a certain number of toppings, but now, you can get unlimited number of toppings *yay*. Most of the time though, I don't need to get toppings.

Whenever I do get toppings, I usually get some fruit and mochi (the mochi here are soft and slightly chewy (I hate hard mochis)). It can get kindof pricey (a bit overpriced in my opinion) an, but sometimes, you just need to give yourself a little treat. It's a feel good treat, it's a dessert that is somewhat good for you.




No comments: