Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cheeseburger in Paradise

2500 Kalakaua Ave # A
Honolulu, HI 96815-3683
(808) 923-3731
website

Bleh. They claim to have the "best" burgers, and I have to disagree with their point here. I think watching birds fly freely throughout the restaurant just killed the mood for me (doesn't seem clean to me).

It is one of the more reasonably priced restaurants right across from the beach (not counting McDonald's but rents must be pretty high), but it's still no excuse for mediocre food. The burgers just seemed average. Although the menu says they use 1000 island dressing - it just doesn't work well in a burger. Maybe I'm a bit biased, and I generally compare burger joints with In-N-Out, and this didn't even come close.

I got the standard cheeseburger ($8.95), hubby got the Schrooms & Swiss ($9.95) and we ordered some sweet potato fries ($5.95) and chicken tenders for the kids ($10.95). We barely finished our meal (the bird helped with the crumbs my kids left). It was a bit unsettling to see 3-4 birds feed off of crumbs my kid left under his high chair. I would have rather gone to McDonald's just a block away....



No comments: