Sunday, July 4, 2010

Counter

3055 Olin Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: 408.423.9200
Counter

Vitals:
Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 am-10 pm,
Friday- Saturday 11 am- 11 pm
Sunday 11:30am-9pm
kid-friendly
Accepts credit cards

There's an amazing array of choices and combinations. It's truly a custom burger your way. You choose your meat (beef, chicken, turkey, veggie or market selection), cheese (ranging from blue cheese to classic American), up to 4 toppings and even your bun.


Hubby had a regular 1/3 lb. burger with grilled onions, mushrooms and swiss cheese and I had a turkey burger with grilled onions, roasted red peppers, tomatoes and cheddar cheese.

Maybe I went on an off day, but I was just not impressed with the beef burgers at Counter. The meat was just not that fresh and it just ruined it for me. In some ways, if you just want a traditional burger, maybe Inn-N-Out would do, as these burgers are expensive; however, if you want a customized burger with different unique toppings, then this place is probably a good place to go. Even though the burger was just OK, the turkey burger was good though.

I have to say, the burgers are big! They do pile on the toppings and it's almost impossible to eat, but somehow I found a way.

We also ordered the "Fifty-Fifty", where you get to try two different starters. The choices were fries and sweet potato fries, fries and onion strings or sweet potato fries and onion strings. We chose to try to sweet potato fries and fries. The sweet potato fries were great - crispy with a hint on sweetness. The regular fries were fine, nothing special.

This is a pretty kid-friendly place. The kid menu, while not as extensive as the adult menu, was adequate. We also ordered the grilled cheese with french fries and my kid was satisfied. I liked how we could choose to order apple sauce instead of french fries.

I'd come back again for the sweet potato fries and maybe give the burgers another chance. It's right by a playground, so if I were out with the family and wanted an easy place to grab some food and let my little one play a bit, this would be a good bet.

No comments: