Saturday, September 11, 2010

Easy Tomato and Mozzarella Salad


Since the tomato season is starting to wind down, I had to make one of my favorite salads.

Sometimes my favorite things to eat are also the simplest. This salad starts with good and fresh ingredients. To make this salad (I chose to cut up the tomatoes and mozzarella, but I could have also sliced them evenly to create a nice presentation), I just picked up a few tomatoes (variety of heirloom tomatoes), some fresh whole milk mozzarella, some basil and some garlic. That's it.

Recipe:

3 heirloom tomatoes
a handful of basil leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic (optional)

Crush and mince up the garlic into very fine pieces. Put in a bowl with the olive oil and let the garlic season the oil. Add basil (I chose to chop it up into fine pieces as well). Chop up the tomatoes and mozzarella and put it on the bowl with the olive oil and garlic. Mix together. Add salt (flavor to taste).

This salad is light, refreshing and full of flavor.

No comments: